Sciences Po Aix diploma, Air and Space School
Number of hours of training1314 hours
Training duration3 years
Law, Economy-Management, History, Political Science
A partnership with the Air and Space School of Salon de Provence allows students who have won the dedicated competition to join the Sciences Po Aix / Air School course
Description of the course
Students who choose this course follow the same curriculum as their fellow students from the preparatory classes, except for the academic courses. Their specific training, organised in partnership with Sciences Po Aix, mainly covers the fields of international relations, history, law, economics, political science, public service, methodology and general culture.
The course lasts three years and is conducted at the Air and Space School in partnership with Sciences Po Aix. It leads to the Sciences Po Aix diploma (worth a master’s degree) and the national master’s degree in Geostrategy, Defence and International Security.
It is based on three pillars:
– The training of the military leader and the combatant: training courses of situation, shooting, parachuting, ethics, sport.
– Training of the aeronautical expert: knowledge of air operations, flights, training in operational units.
– Training for the leader: languages, communication and officer culture, political science, history, economics, law, international relations and general culture.
The course organised in partnership with Sciences Po Aix allows the students of the Air and Space Academy to train in the analysis of politico-military crises by following multidisciplinary courses of the Master Geostrategy, Defence and International Security. During the first two years of the Air and Space Academy, the courses corresponding to the first year of the Master’s degree are given in Salon-de-Provence by teachers from Sciences Po Aix; in the third year, the students follow the second year of the Master’s degree at Sciences Po Aix (1st semester) and then carry out an internship of a dozen weeks in a defence mission with an embassy, in an international structure or in an operational unit, and write a research paper.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems thanks to multidisciplinary knowledge;
- Analyse, identify and anticipate the challenges of globalisation in political, diplomatic or economic matters, while mastering the instruments that facilitate decision-making and action on an international scale;
- To follow the world geopolitical context by analysing the issues and phenomena brought about by globalisation
- Know the issues and problems of areas affected by geopolitical crises that may lead to armed conflicts
- Manage crisis situations, develop security strategies and coordinate their implementation
Graduates of the Sciences Po Aix/Ecole de l’Air course are destined to serve in the officer corps of air bases for careers as intelligence officers or oriented towards international relations and operational communication.
During the first year, lessons take place at the Air and Space School in Salon de Provence. Classes are taught jointly by teachers from Sciences Po Aix and those from the Air and Space School. Sciences Po Aix diploma courses include modules on command/sport, officer culture and major contemporary issues. They are accompanied by method conferences.
In parallel with the courses of the diploma, the students follow the teachings corresponding to the first semester of the Master 1 Geostrategy, defense and international security.
The second year follows the same logic as the first year and also takes place at the Air and Space School in Salon de Provence. It complements the modules already covered by consolidating fundamental knowledge and deepening certain subjects.
In parallel with the courses of the diploma, the students follow the teachings corresponding to the second semester of the Master 1 Geostrategy, defense and international security.
The third year takes place at Sciences Po Aix where students follow the teachings of the Master 2 Geostrategy, Defense and International Security. They are supplemented by a command/sport module provided at the Salon de Provence Air and Space School.
This final year includes a twelve-week internship in a defense mission with an embassy, in an international structure or in an operational unit, and the writing of a research dissertation.
Diagram of diploma training offer( pdf – 80.93 KB )( pdf – 80.93 KB )