Bachelor of Public Administration
Number of hours of training500 hours
Training duration1 year
Cost of trainingSupport by the host administration
Didier Del Prete
The Public Administration License (LAP) is a national diploma, at Bac +3 level, allowing to present the category A competitions of the Public Service.
Description of the course
The training provided allows students to deepen their knowledge of the administrative environment and the functioning of public institutions, based on lessons in public law (constitutional law, administrative law, public finance), economics and management.
It is also aimed at students who need to acquire the fundamental general, legal and economic knowledge required to take the various administrative competitions. The teaching provided by academics and civil service executives provides a solid methodological foundation that is essential for success in category A administrative competitions.
In order to best prepare for entry into the administration, this course is now an apprenticeship and benefits from the support of national and local administrative institutions. The training is organised over a period of 12 months with an average rhythm of three weeks of teaching and one week in administration from September to December, then one week of teaching and three weeks in administration from January.
- Master the legal, economic and financial environment of public administrations
- Analyse situations and ensure their compliance with the ethical principles of the public service;
- Identify and implement the legal rules applicable to the various facets of administrative action;
- Synthesise a set of documents and data to present them concisely and make them operational for the public decision-maker;
- Mobilise a team around shared objectives and projects.
The diploma allows for rapid professional integration into the public sector through the “A” category administrative competitions of the State, Territorial and Hospital Civil Service or through contractual recruitment. It also offers the possibility of further study at Master level.