Certificate of Political Studies (CEP)
Sciences Po Aix welcomes many international students from five continents. This attractiveness is rooted in its renowned teaching in the humanities and social sciences: political science, international relations, law, economics and management, history, media and communication, sociology, arts and culture, literature, civilizations, anthropology, foreign languages.
Description of the course
The Certificate of Political Studies is an institutional diploma for international students. It takes place over one year of study, from September to June.
This programme offers a one-year university certificate from Sciences Po Aix consisting of:
- Two mandatory and specific lectures (20-hour modules)
- Two seminars (in small groups, continuous assessment)
- Four lectures to choose from in the course catalogue, including at least two in French per semester
All the courses represent a total of 60 ECTS credits (30 per semester). A B2 level in French is required.
International students have the possibility to follow courses specifically dedicated to them, notably in French as a Foreign Language (FLE), French civilisation and methodology, but also to choose courses from a wide range of courses offered to French students in the institution, which allows them to pursue a rich and optimal academic mobility.
- To analyse contemporary societal issues in a multidisciplinary approach
- Develop autonomy and adaptability in a new socio-cultural environment
- Communicate orally and in writing in French
- Move in an intercultural environment, a factor of open-mindedness and flexibility
- To adapt to change and to a new way of working by appropriating the codes of the country
International mobility is an instrument of civic education, professional and social integration and encourages the development of international cooperation. It is a decisive step in the acquisition of a proven bilingualism and allows students to refine their post-course projects in the light of this valuable international experience. The skills acquired during this mobility are directly useful and highly appreciated by the professional world. The cultural and social immersion contributes to the open-mindedness and individual development of the students.