Presentation of CHERPA
CHERPA is the main research laboratory of Sciences Po Aix. In French, CHERPA stands for Belief, History, Space, Political and Administrative Regulation.
It is divided into 5 thematic and professional units:
– Mobilisation, expertise and political processes
– Knowledge and practice of government
– Governing religion
– International economics and finance
– Armies, armed conflicts and extraordinary situations
It currently hosts a team composed of 19 research professors (professors and lecturers), 38 researchers, 3 post-doctoral students and 42 PhD students.
This Laboratory recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research is attached to 2 PhD Schools (PhD School 67: Law and Political Sciences, PhD School 355: Spaces, Cultures and Society). This multidisciplinary approach enables our doctoral students to work in 2 disciplines: Political sciences and History.
Firmly rooted within the life of Sciences Po Aix, the scientific policy mainly concerns the five following areas:
- design and leadership of research programmes
- publication and development of academic contributions https://www.sciencespo-aix.fr/contenu/parutions/
- networking and partnership activities for scientific cooperation
- development of external relations and interactions with the socio-economic world
- training for and through research.